There is a saying on the street (street quotes):
If you don't get banned, you're not hustling hard enough 😉
You know how the hustle goes. You share your article on Hacker News 📰 but it just withers and dies 😑 then you post it to Reddit, and someone tells you to chill the f* out 🥺 you try promoting on a Facebook group and you get banned 😵💫
Here are some TIPS 😤
- Specialize 👩🚀 Don’t try to establish a presence on every forum around. Pick a few communities that you’ll enjoy hanging around on. When someone looks at your profile history make sure they see a person, not a marketing bot 🤖 Think “word of mouth”, as opposed to SEO.
- Be helpful ✋ You can’t just post a link to your article and expect people to follow it. Instead help solve the painful problems, subtly suggesting there is more where that came from. Think “effective” over “frequency”.
- Forget about what you want 🧠 This is How to Win Friends and Influence People applied to the internet world. Focus on helping others, and they’ll happily come to you for more. Answer questions or point people to the right place for help. Build good karma.
- Make it easy to find you 🔎 If you’ve helped enough people they will check out your profile 🧑💻Make sure to leave a link to your site there 🔗 In the case of Facebook or Reddit leave some clues in your posting history.
- Reuse your content 📝 Reply using the posts you wrote, but change them enough to appear as if you’re answering the person directly 🙋♂️
- Scout for problems in advance 🕵🏼♀️ Sometimes a question gets asked over and over again. Go through the archives and look for a question like that. Then write an article about it. If in the future the same question comes up you’ll have an answer ready 📄
Hope this help 🧧
Tired of seeing my email? 👉🏿👉🏽👉 Un-Subscribed 👈🏾👈🏼👈🏻